It is an exciting opportunity to join a leading precision medicine company that leverages its patented technology to produce correctly folded and functionally validated proteins.
As the Field Application Specialist, you will be the primary technical field contact for the company's customers and collaborators in Europe. In this capacity, you are responsible for pre-and post-sales technical support for the company's proprietary protein array technology and services. You will be expected to build and maintain long-term relationships and establish rapport with customers and collaborators. This position will be remote in the UK, Germany, or Netherlands, with 20-40% travel requirements to customer sites, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Execute and implement the company's commercial strategies to drive business growth and increase the company's valuation
- Support sales team in technical discussions and presentations to customers and collaborators during meetings, conferences and exhibitions
- Provide application support for pre-and post-sales activities for the company's proprietary technology and services
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency to customers in discussions on project requirements related to the use of the company's products and services
- Coordinate with the internal technical team members to address customer enquiries related to all technical aspects of the company's products and services
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, conferences and exhibitions and provide reports on trends to the Sales and Marketing team
- Keep abreast of all research and development in the field of functional proteomics and immuno-proteomics
- PhD in any Life Science, i.e. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years of commercial experience, preferably in a commercial biotech or pharma environment
- Strong technical knowledge of proteomics, specifically in protein arrays, protein expression, mass spectrometry and assay development
- Highly self-motivated and must have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in customer support
- Flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones