Are you our new Business Development Manager?
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive this company’s culture, the team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help think in new ways. The company will actively invest in you to support your long-term growth so you can continue to advance the company mission and achieve your highest potential.
How you will make an Impact:
You will drive sustainable business growth and achieve sales targets within the private sector, OEM and distribution markets through identifying sales opportunities, developing and managing relationships with new and existing customers, ensuring outstanding customer service in the UK and Ireland.
In this role you will:
- Formulate and implement an effective sales plan; identify new business opportunities, create business development strategies for the private sector, distribution and OEM channels.
- Stay abreast of technology developments, market competition, laws and regulations relevant to the business.
- Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with the customer base, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions to customers’ needs.
- Work closely with the UK Sales Team regarding private sector strategy and ensure close cooperation with the relevant territory teams to deliver the sales plan.
- Manage internal communication of customer issues, informing internal stakeholders and escalating as and when required to resolve customer issues promptly.
- Work in coordination with Key Account Managers, Field Service Manager and others to ensure distribution and manage the process of demonstrating products to customers.
We are looking for people who have:
- A degree in life sciences is a MUST, whilst a MSc or PhD would be desirable.
- Scientific knowledge of cell or molecular biology is essential and experience of microscopy or live cell imaging would be a bonus
- 1-3 years' capital sales experience is desirable; however consumable/reagent sales is essential.
- Proven sales success selling to the life sciences and biotech market is essential.
- Proven ability to deliver sales targets and to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- UK driving licence.
- Must have full rights to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ideal location - London, Oxford or Cambridge.
- £35,000 - £45,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
- £10k bonus
- Subsistence allowance of £1,260 per annum
- Car & travel allowance
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 27 days of holiday per year, rising with years of service
- Ideal location - London, Oxford or Cambridge
If you are a self-motivated and challenge-driven professional willing to thrive in this position, please apply to this job.