Research Scientist - Virologist - Oxfordshire
Are you a skilled and dedicated virologist with a passion for research?
If the answer is yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our client's team as a Research Scientist in Virology at their cutting-edge facility in Oxfordshire.
As a Research Scientist, you will have access to cutting-edge equipment and technologies that will facilitate your research and enable you to make groundbreaking discoveries in the field of immunotherapeutics against infectious diseases and cancer. You will play an integral role in designing, interpreting and conducting laboratory studies in the context of discovery and preclinical research phases of novel therapeutic products.
- Give input to the strategy and develop and conduct laboratory work involved in the design, construction, growth, and evaluation of viral vector vaccine candidates.
- Keep up to date on the field of immunotherapeutics, and review and suggest new approaches, alternative laboratory methods, or new studies to improve the outcome of a given objective.
- Perform quality control assays on research-grade viral vectored vaccine preparations.
- Maintain and evaluate both mammalian and bacterial cell cultures for growth conditions, DNA purification and viral vector production, and interpret and present the data in a concise and orderly fashion.
- Assist in studies to optimise the ability to manufacture viral-vectored vaccines, such as evaluation of alternative transfection systems, host or vector gene deletions or insertions, viral culture yield, systems for viral growth, etc.
- Evaluate and perform analytic assays to determine the quality, yield, stability, etc. of specific candidates or specific manufacturing process conditions.
- Assist in ordering supplies, making reagents and maintaining the laboratory to conduct necessary experiments.
- Work under GRP (good research practice) conditions, with the appropriate requisite training and documentation.
- Participate in the development and conduct of laboratory meetings, and give presentations inside and outside the company.
- Attend at least one relevant scientific meeting/course per year to continue educational advancement.
We are looking for people who have:
- Master’s degree plus 4 years of laboratory experience, or a recent PhD, in virology/molecular biology.
- Relevant work experience, with demonstrated experience in laboratory bench work with molecular biology and cell and virus culture systems.
- Proficiency in designing experiments and conducting research using a variety of methodologies; e.g. design and cloning of mammalian expression cassettes, PCR, DNA sequence interpretation, ELISA, western blot, viral growth curves, viral titers, transfections, virus purification.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to understand and communicate scientific information; proficiency in Powerpoint, graphic displays and tables.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities; proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- £50,000 per annum
- Stock options
- 25 days annual holidays increasing with length of service
- AXA Healthcare plan
- Life Insurance
- Up to 5% pension contributions
- Relocation assistance
As a research scientist, you will work in a collaborative and innovative environment alongside talented professionals passionate about making a difference. Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to advance your career and contribute to groundbreaking research in virology.
Apply now and join a company and team to revolutionise the world of virology research!